Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Hunt With The Bear Grizzly

Yesterdays hunt was a 3 part'r. With the Full-Moon, my plan was to hunt a back-yard (High Deer-Sighting) spot with my compound in the morning until about 11:00, and than I was going to go to Frederick Co. and hang a new stand.  Well every deer that got with-in 70 yds of me busted me immediately. Still scratching my head about that because in the evening nothing knows I'm there.  I did have 1 fawn that bedded down at 40 yds. but no shots.




So I head to Frederick, and hang my stand.

 My original plan was to hunt the ground with my re-curve, but the wind was swirling a bit, and I was really wanting to hunt the stand I just set so that's what I did, after a little snooze in my truck.

To back-up a bit, this would be the first hunt with my new Bear Grizzly recurve.  I had originally bought it because it was lighter poundage (45 lbs. ) than my longbow (55 lbs.), but I have been shooting that thing really well so I got some snakeskin limb wraps, and a cheap quiver and took it into the woods.






Prior to this, Friday night I had to shoot paper with the 125 grn. Snuffer broadheads just to be sure.  A bit scary if they are wacked but I was releived.


So back to the afternoon hunt.  Not much happened, but whenever there is a full-moon I rarely see much.  I did have 2 small bucks, and a doe come in but that was it.  Had I not killed a buck 2 years ago with my longbow this small 7-pt would have had me drawing for a shot. 
It was however a very fun hut and a good day all long.
Monday will be a new hunt.


No comments:

Post a Comment