Sunday, April 8, 2012

Getting ready for the beach's of North Carolina.

I have tried to land a fish off the beach on our last 2 visits
to one of my wife's favorite vacation spots, the Outer Banks.
So far I have caught "0" fish off the beach.
I started with equipment that I already owned in 2009,
and quickly bought a 9' rod to cast better.



Went home with nothing that trip, but had a great vacation.

Then the following year we went back and tried
fishing from the banks again with no luck,
so we chartered a boat and caught some
flounder in the bay.






But still no fish from the surf.
After watching and talking to other guys, I determined that my
equipment was not working so I bought a 12' surf rod Friday night.
That should help me "Get Out Farther" from the beach.



Don't know if it will make a difference, but I am going to try.
We are also planning on renting a small boat and fish the bay side.
Can't wait to hit North Carolina with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment